A Sad Day for American Military

Waking up to the news that dozens of American soldiers were killed in a helicopter crash in Afghanistan was a bit of a shock to the system..

As a soldier and as a military spouse, events like this really hit close to home.  I think about how their families will open their doors today to a Chaplain, and their lives will never be the same.  It brings to mind the fear of it happening to us..  Hubby served in Iraq, and it was a constant fear that one day he would be injured or killed.  I will admit that for a selfish second, I thanked the Lord that Hubby is not deploying this year and that it wasn't him.

My heart breaks, absolutely shatters, for the loved ones who are affected by today's tragedy.  I cannot even put into words the deep sorrow that I feel for them..  I pray that the Lord gives them strength and peace as they build their lives one moment at a time.  May their sacrifice never be forgotten..

No comments: