What a Week!

Oh wow!  This week has been so long!  It has been mostly filled with work.  A lot of things that were up in the air at work have all been sorted out, so not me and my detachment commander can move forward with plans for our deploying crew.  There were plenty of staff meetings and conference calls too keep my work days filled up.

I love being able to come home to Jeremiah every night.  We have a relatively boring little life together, but that is what I love about it.  I know I can walk in the door, take off my boots, and relax with my one and only!  I actually did try some new recipes this week so I am branching out in the kitchen.  I made Spaghetti Squash for the first time and it was super yummy.  If you haven't made it before, then definitely try it because it is very easy to make and delicious!

On Thursday I went to a Change of Command ceremony for Jeremiah's Battalion.  It was totally bizarre to be there in uniform, but I was coming right from work and then going right back.  Some of the guys recognized me from the dining in last weekend and came up to talk before the ceremony started.  Jeremiah was already in formation, so I didn't get to see him right away.


After the ceremony Jeremiah and I got to go to lunch together, which never happens so I was excited!  We are hardly ever in uniform at the same time, so I had to make sure to get a picture :)  Jeremiah does have a goofy kind of smile on his face though hehe

I am supposed to work all weekend, but right now I am trapped at home sick.  I am hoping that it will pass soon enough and I can get back to taking care of business.

No comments: