Long Run

After five days off of the running trails, I'll be heading back out tomorrow morning.  I know that five days isn't that long, but in running time it feels like eternity.  My Monday morning run wasn't a strong one either.  It was what some would call "junk miles"  where I didn't really get much out of it and didn't make any progress towards my final goal. 

Tomorrow I'm going for four miles.  It will be the longest distance I have done so far, and I am trying not to get worked up about it.  There are several factors that could work against me on this run including diminished lung function due to illness.  But the trade off is that I am getting increasingly anxious about my countdown to the half marathon.  The motivation to finish may be enough to keep me going during my long run tomorrow.

Hope it works!

No comments: