Season Opener!

Today was an absolutely beautiful day!  The sky was robin's egg blue with not a cloud to be found.  As we pulled up to Mugnuson Park in Seattle, the sun was shining off of the lake and you could swear that it was the middle of the summer instead of the middle of February.  But opening the car doors we were assaulted by the arctic biting wind coming down from Canada.  It was almost enough to take the breath out of me!


So cold before the race!  But excited!
This was the opening race of the season for me.  Just a little 5K along the shores of Lake Washington to get the juices flowing and get into the running spirit.  Jeremiah came along to cheer me along and it felt good to have my own cheering section there for me.   I'm working up to doing the 1/2 Marathon in Tacoma this May, so each month I am doing a longer and longer race to gear up.  We hadn't even gotten home before I registered for my next race:  The Mercer Island Rotary 10K on March 20th!

Finally done!  Hmmm... have to work
on that time though!

No comments: