Settling In

This weekend was such a whirlwind!  This is the first time that Jeremiah and I have moved together.  I moved out of the first Washington apartment after he left for Iraq, and moved into our townhouse before he got home from Iraq.

Friday we had a "packing party" with our amazing friends Jamie & Greg.  They are packing ninjas!  I honestly do not know how I would have gotten everything done without them this weekend!  We had some vino and attacked the townhouse for hours.  I'm glad that we had a good time doing it, even though it's the first of the bad parts of moving.

One big plus of him being home:  big strong Army men to move all of the boxes from one side of the universe to the other.  Jeremiah pulled together some buddies and the whole townhouse was moved in a jiffy!

The new house was a hustle and bustle of activity all day yesterday!  The truck was unloaded so quickly with five guys unloading and two of us ladies directing traffic.  We even had some neighbors come by to say hello and welcome us!  Scott and Rebecca seem super sweet and I'm excited to be moving to a true neighborhood.  This town is such a huge improvement over the old one!  There are running trails through the woods and a cute little downtown area.  It reminds me a little bit of my hometown!

Right now we are working on unpacking and getting everything put into it's place.  There's a lot to do!  We are hoping to have a BBQ at the end of March and have everyone over!

No comments: